Wednesday 15 September 2010

Part trois



My third and final gift I have two photos of - I'll try to publish both! This is because although it is my clear favourite of the three, it used a shiny mercerised cotton which didn't give great stitch definition in my opinion, so I've had to do a close-up to get the detail right. Standard 4 ply on 3.25 mm needles (the others were knitted on 1.5mm needles which felt like knitting with straw at first!) This is for VH, who like DS has now left the school. Although she was originally the nursery nurse, then after the nursery class teacher, she has also kept a close eye on DS throughout his years in Junior, getting to know and understand him *possibly* better than anyone else in the school. I miss her! The practice at crocheting chains came from knitting each square individually, then crocheting them together; knitting the border and then crocheting 2 rows of chain around that. Each square took about 2 hours to complete, apart from the ones at the start of each row, because of the crocheting; but I am delighted with the result, and what I learned from the experience.

DS is now at secondary school, having earned a place at the local grammar school. He absolutely loves it, is so confident, and already recognised by his smile. We are so very very proud of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment